This apple cider moscow mule recipe is a warming and delicious autumn or winter cocktail full of spiced apple cider, ginger beer, tart lime juice, and vodka.
We love serving this twist on a classic cocktail during the cold winter months. The kick from ginger beer paired with freshness of lime and sweet, spiced apple cider make for the perfect beverage!
The Best Ginger Beer For Moscow Mules
Ginger beer is less sweet than ginger ale, and has a definite spicy kick from the raw ginger incorporated into the carbonated beverage.
My favorite ginger beer brands to use for moscow mules with apple cider are:
- Fever-Tree Ginger Beer
- Barritts Bermuda Ginger Beer
- Maine Root Spicy Ginger Brew
- Zevia Mixer Ginger Beer
How To Make Apple Cider Moscow Mules
To make these apple cider moscow mules:
- Pour: pour the ingredients into a copper mug or cocktail shaker and stir to combine. Don’t shake the drink, or the carbonation will diminish, leaving you with a flat moscow mule.
- Garnish: garnish the moscow mules with apple slices, rosemary, cinnamon sticks, or limes.
- Serve: serve these apple cider moscow mules right away. The copper mugs will insulate the drink well, but you want to keep them fizzy!
Why Use A Copper Mug?
Moscow mules are traditionally served in a copper mug, which is part of the fun of enjoying them.
Rather than glass, copper will act as a great insulator, keeping the drink icy cold and oh so refreshing.
Many experts believe that the flavor of a mule is enhanced when you use a copper mug. Copper oxidizes when anything acidic is added to it (such as vodka, and lime juice), which brings out some of the flavor.
The Perfect Apple Cider Moscow Mule Garnishes
Garnishes make the drink fun, so get creative with them! Some of my favorite apple cider moscow mule garnishes are:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Apple slices (to prevent browning, toss them with fresh lime juice before garnishing)
- Rosemary (always looks pretty!)
- Lime wedges (classic garnish)
- Cranberries (a pop of color)
Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- 2 ounces apple cider
- apple slices
- lime wedges
- cinnamon sticks
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and stir to combine.
- Stir into copper mugs filled with ice, and garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and lime wedges.
Pin it for later: